Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Challenges, challenges, challenges

Welcome to Saturday at H20 Creations.
I've had such a busy week but a wonderful one,
that's for sure.
My first piece is for my Soartful Challenges. For inspiration
this week I chose this embossed white background. Everyone
is welcome to join in this challenge. This month we are being
sponsored by Altered Artifacts where you will find
beautiful collage sheets, tutorials and beautiful artwork.

The embossed white background brought out the Oriental in me.
Please join me....I'd love to see how this inspires you.

Black, Red, Gold and a bit Oriental
Red

Doesn't that red poppy look real? I love Oriental Poppies.
I should plant some of them in my garden. The background is
Oriental Poppies also.

Blue and White
Sketch Challenge
Image Provided

I have a terrible time lining things up straight. I used a ruler, a lined
cutting pad and anything else I could find to help me. But, there is
something about my vision that prevents me from doing this,
even with all of the measuring aids that I use. So, this definitely
has the handmade by Jeanette look with its uneven edge.
I colored the image with several shades of blue Copics. I ran the
printed paper through my Swiss Dot Cuttlebug folder before
cutting the 4 pieces. The center strip is a scrap left over
from around my print. I ran a blue ink pad over the dots.

Just a Note
I Did It Creations and Show and Share Art are on Ning Network which
is doing maintenance as I write this.

Have a wonderful Saturday. I have a little mowing to do today.
Love the smell of freshly cut grass.

11 comments:

msfreida said...

Oh Jeanette, these oriental pieces are GORGEOUS...really makes me want to get that EB folder and plant some poppies even more! FABULOUS images too!

The card you used for the sketch challenge is beautiful too! I've never been able to use an ink pad over my dots without getting it all over! As far as getting anything straight, my eyes play tricks on me too! Although your work always looks perfectly straight to me, I share your frustration. But hey...does anyone really care? Heck NO! ;)

Have a beautiful weekend!
Hugs~

Yvonne said...

WOW, Jeanette, I'm totally blown away these are gorgeous!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

awesome! totally awesome!

Dianne said...

These are lovely... love the Asian pieces!

Cat said...

Gorgeous cards, as always, Jeanette! Love the techniques you use! Enjoy your weekend! It's going to be nice weather here in KY too.

Rainbow Lady said...

Gosh that poppy sure does look life like Jeanette. What a lovely card. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

Ellie said...

These are all beautiful. The textures look fantastic.
Thanks so much for playing the DTC.

LiveArt said...

What a gorgeous poppy!! wonderful cards.

Linda

Dezinaworld said...

You are so busy my friend. love the challenge pieces, especially the orientals
hugs June x

Faye said...

All the works are so lovely, Jeanette. I love the red, black, and gold piece with those fantastic poppies. And the white background piece, also Asian, is beautiful. As for the last one, maybe my eyes aren't as good as I thought but I don't see anything out of kilter. I think it is very pretty.

Debby said...

too many challenges make my head spin so I steer away. I envy and admire those that are able to participate in many. i have to focus on one thing and one thing only or i'm done. meltdown. these are fabulous pieces. beautiful as always.