Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Tag You're It


I had something a bit unusual for me a sketch to follow
for at tag. I think this is the first time I've seen a tag sketch.
Sketch
On the Spot
Time
Open Theme

This is my tag. I like everything about this, except, my flower choice. I'm not
quite sure that is working.

Inspiration given
Rainbow Rembrandt, 1977 by Larry Rivers

I didn't use the artwork provided but I was
inspired by the lovely colors in the inspiration image.

I started with the silhouette of the cowboy and the sunrise.
I printed out a stylized sun stained glass pattern on clear vellum and colored
in the different areas with soft pastel colors. I used Copics but they
really didn't work that well on the vellum that I used. And, OMG! this
scan shows every little imperfection. The lighter colors worked fine. It
was the darker colors that didn't work well, they streaked. I think maybe
chalks would have been a better choice.

My first class is now in session at I Did It Creations 'In the Classroom' group.
Now, don't be late for class.


You might be familiar with QKR Stampede Stamps.
They are new to me but I like what I saw there. They bill
themselves are "somewhat cute, somewhat quirky".
They are having a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Blog Hop
to take part in the blog hop your starting place is HERE.

Last night we had a thunderstorm that rocked the house. About 1 a.m.
this morning it all started. At first it was far away but it steadily came
closer until I'm sure it was right over our house. The brightest lightning, then
the loudest cracks of thunder. Then I can hear the sound rolling out
to the ocean. It all passed over very quickly. What a way to start a morning.

14 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

I like the flower! I like the grungy/vintage/feminine look to this.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i love your tag! and your cowboy is totally stunning!

glad the storm has ended. have a fabulous day!

msfreida said...

Oh my Jeanette, these are FABULOUS! The tag is just my style...love all the vintage texture (love the flower too, BTW!)! Gonna CASE this for a scrapbook page that's been missing that lil something! :)

The sunrise/cowboy is breathtaking! Oh I LOVE this! The stained glass vellum really pushes it over the top! Unbelievably beautiful! :)

So glad those storms didn't linger long! They were pretty intense when they passed through MS! Having gone through 2 tornadoes, I become a basket case this time of year when the storms pop up! Hope your weekend is as gorgeous as ours is predicted to be!

Hugs~

Sally H said...

Fabulous tag! I think the flower is fine - a touch of vintage about it! Thanks for joining us at TT this week!

Jo said...

Beautiful , love the vintage feel of the tag. Thanks for joining in with us at MTTC :o) Jo

Sarah said...

Nice soft color combination. Pretty vintage look.

PatR said...

Love your tag and the vintage feel, very nice. Thanks for playing along with TT this week.
Pat xx

Zoechaos said...

Lovely work, your tag is gorgeous. Thank you for taggin' with us this week.

cmoh said...

The soft colors and vintage lace are a perfect combination for your time tag and I love your cowboy! I feel like I'm looking through a stained glass window out at him.

Thanks for joining us at One Powerful Hour!

Scrapping Haven said...

What an amazing take on the challenge at scraptheart
Please come back and join us next week. I see no imperfections what are you talking about. :)
Hugs,
Ray

Laura said...

What a brilliant idea! I like the way you used vellum to create the effect from the challenge. And don't worry about imperfections...it makes it look more interesting ;)

Thanks for playing with us at Scrap the Art

Hugs,
Laura

Rhonda said...

this tag is gorgeous, no doubt about it!! Gorgeous lace and your flower works perfectly - cheers!

Lolarose38 said...

I like the flower - it goes really well because of the colours you have put on it - it brings the piece together in may ways!

Debby said...

You're tag is amazing Jeanette! I love love love it!