Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Frida




Follow the links to the current challenges at
I Did It Creations and Soartful





Frieda Kahlo's Viva La Vida
Flourishes and Swirls
This is our inspiration image


I added this portrait by Frida that I found on Google.
And, with cropping of images and adding backgrounds,
this is my finished piece.

I love to travel and on a trip to Guanajuato, Mexico with
my daughter we visited this beautiful colonial city.
It is a walking city of narrow cobblestone streets and tiny
alley ways. On one of these lovely streets is the house
where Diego Rivera and Frida lived. We were thrilled to be able
to see original art by Frida and Diego as we toured
this charming little house.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

8 comments:

sam21ski said...

Thanks for playing along with Lotstodo this week - Sam xxxx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh girl.... now i so look forward to your travels! this is definitely different!

Femmy said...

fantastic pieces!! your Frida one is so colourful!! love all of them!

Debby said...

Sounds like a fabulous trip and this is truly a fabulous piece of art.

Faye said...

What gorgeous colors, Jeanette! Beautiful.

crafty creations said...

Great piece


Thanks for sharing your work with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

msfreida said...

Oh Honey, your creativity continues to blow my mind! This is FABULOUS! :) SOOO colorful, and awesome design!

Hugs~

Jaqi said...

Stunning colours , Frida always looks brilliant , but you have really captured her well with these colours