Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Bag Full of Goodies

Yesterday we hit 96 degrees. Whew! It was so hot
and steamy out. I spent some time in my craft room yesterday.
I'm gradually getting back into doing challenges, which I've
really missed doing.

Cats
Roses


My kitty has just dumped over a bag full or roses.

I told you that I still do rubber stamping. This is a tag made from
what is called a scrapling. Hero Arts has some nice samples
of scraplings. And if you use Google Images and search for
Scraplings lots of them come up. I found out about these a year
or so ago at Cardmaker in one of the swaps that we had there.

I decided to pass Scraplings on to others at the
as a challenge for the Christmas in June Party.
If you want to join in this challenge it doesn't close
until June 25th. There are many other fun challenges
to take part in while your there.

Back to the Scrapling. Mine is in a Christmas theme.
My scrapling is made from a 1 1/4" x 4 1/4" scrap. This is the
the piece that is left after cutting your card from a full sheet
of card stock.

Let's Make a Scrapling Challenge
Love
We could choose from something or who
we love. I chose distressing.
Xtra Special
I chose Christmas for my extra special.

I distressed the background with several colors of green. Then I stamped
the pine branch with permanent black ink 3 times. Used a dark green
to smudge over the branch. Punched a hole in the corner and used
dark green floss (drab green) and a brown flower for embellishment.
This is a folded piece so you could write a little note
inside. They are fast, fun and you usually have lots of
these scraps just waiting to be used.

I've made a logo for my challenge blog


I think it matches the blog background pretty good.
Take a look and let me know what you think.

Have a great day. It's going to be another
hot and steamy one for me.

11 comments:

Hermine said...

Its gorgeous

julietk said...

Very nice :-)
scraplings sounds interesting.

Chrissie said...

Great stamping!
Thanks so much for joining in our Xtra Special Challenge at MTTC this time!
Chrissie

indybev said...

very nice combo of cats and roses!

treesawardincrafts said...

Oooh that's interesting, I shall have to pop back into the forum and check it out.

belindaschneider said...

lovely tag.

Laura said...

So glad you found time to play again. Great makes. Love the cat and how innocent it looks! Thanks for playing at SCD this week.

Laura said...

Great cat and she looks so innocent! The dog must have done it. Lol Great that you played at SCD this week.

LiveArt said...

Beautiful tag and such a fun rose and cat card!! I Love roses :)

Linda

Carole said...

I love the kitty card. The black and white with the red roses. Wonderful.

~*~Patty said...

super creations!
the red roses really pop on your cute kitty cat card!