Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Vintage Playmates



I made this for the following challenges
Anything Goes
Baby/Child
Image of boy provided
Image Provided
Shapes

I started with the image of the boy. Next, I cropped the girl from
the image that Peggy gave us for Fri Foto Collage and altered the
color. She was added to the boy image. I then went thru
different backgrounds trying them out for style and color.
I finally settled on the diamond and swirl pattern.
The smaller panel was layered and the color matched
to the browns in the background. It still needed something.
I went thru lots of images and came of the with dog. I like
how he has his front paws on the boy. He wants to play, hence,
the title Playmates. I added a bright red ball for the toy.

Have a wonderful Monday.
I'm off to run some errands before
it gets way to hot out.
It is just 7 a.m. already it is in the 80s.


15 comments:

crafty creations said...

Such a sweet cad love the images you've chosen

Thanks for sharing your work with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

susan said...

This is wonderful. I love how you put it all together. That background is great, too. I love that. And the red ball is just the right touch.

Junibears said...

This is great fun. Very clever how you've manage to do this for several challenges. Great work. xx

Cheryl said...

oh hun this is just awesome the image is just so beautiful
thank you for playing at creative inspirations,this week,love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

BelleSouth said...

Wonderfully done and I really appreciate your explanation. You did a lot of work and it shows!

Zoechaos said...

Great work, love the dog with his paws on the boy very very well matched and blended. Thank you for sharing with us at LTD this week. xx Zoe

JLJ Designs said...

Cute image! I love the dog on the boy and the red ball. The background is lovely.

Jennifer

Hermine said...

Its beautiful, great combination of images

Faye said...

Jeanette, such a beautiful, well-thought-out card. I love all the different elements that go so very well together and how you've taken them from other pictures. Great piece. Love the diamonds and swirls.

Electra said...

This is brilliant, I love the dog and the ball is perfect! Well done!

scotspanda said...

fab card, love the vintage feel

thanks for taking up my challenge this week on Allsorts

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Jaqi said...

What a brilliant image , it all looks fab

Jackie said...

Jeanette, you have integrated the different images perfectly. Delightful work - love that dog!

vintage wil said...

Really beautiful piece!!

Annchen said...

oh gosh, to beautiful