Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fairy From the Orient

This Taoist Fairy really captured my interest. I just couldn't wait to use it.
Her wings are a bit hard to see but they are there. I had a red paper
that was the perfect shade to use as the card. The green is plain white
card stock that I colored in my image program. I added this to the
bottom of the printed paper. There is also a bit of dry embossed vellum.
For sparkle and shine I used gold gel pen to highlight the image and
outline the panels, Gold thread and dew drops.
I hope you like it as much as I do.

Today is the first day of the Soartful inspiration challenge
Our theme is Goddess. See sidebar for image and link.

My Taoist Fairy is for these challenges.
Make it Sparkle
Not so Ordinary.
I think my Taoist Fairy qualifies
Asian w/sparkle
Open but use
a butterfly, fairy or angel.

7 comments:

Gina said...

Fabulous oriental image Jeanette!! Thnak you so much for sharing it with us at Glitterbabes Challenge :D XXX

Kim said...

Beautiful work hun love all of your fun embellishments and color combo you used! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh this is fabulous! and i am sooooooooooooooooo thrilled you joined us at glitterbabe's challenge!

hugs :)

Rosemary said...

I agree, a Taoist fairy is not quite so ordinary! She's lovely and this is so elegant and classy, beautiful use of your elements.

Thank you for participating with us at Opus Gluei!

Teresa / Trees aWard in Crafts said...

I would never has guessed that was a fairy. I looked at it though and instantly loved it.

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Great oriental work, Jeanette. Loved it.

Beth Norman said...

Awesome. I love oriental images because we go out for Chinese New Year with our friends. Just another reason to get together. I make cards for all the couples that come and this year 8 couples will be there.