Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Fashion Design


I'm no Coco Chanel but I sure had fun designing my
paper skirt.

The skirt is an image from google images. The dress form,
quilt, buttons and stitching are from images that I've collected
over the years. The quilt is originally a riot of beige, red and green.
I used an antique filter and toned down the color. I duplicated
the quilt twice for the cropped pieces needed to decorate
the plain red skirt. Added the stitching and buttons and
now it is ready for the following challenges.

Pattern
Dressing Up
Patchwork

Enjoy the rest of your day and
thank you for stopping by.



14 comments:

June said...

Hi Jeanette its really lovely and very different.
Hugs June xx

Chris said...

I love all the details. It's fabulous Jeanette1

aurorafedora said...

hello! i just wandered onto your blog via the studio challenge blog. love your stuff, love your style! have a great day...joanne

Fleur said...

Great card,
Thanks for joining my challenge at ALLSORTS this week,
Hugz Fleur xXx

indybev said...

This is SO beautiful! Using the dress form is a great idea, and that background is scrumptious!

Cindy McMath said...

This is beautiful Jeannette! Love your colour scheme.

Cindy :)

Suzi said...

Love the design and those scrummy papers are perfect. Thank you for joining us this week over at Once Stop Craft Challenge.
Hugs
Suzi x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is stunning wow those papers are wonderful love the image fab work thank you for sharing this with us at OSCC this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Shelley said...

Wow how different this is, I love it and all the detail. Thanks for joining us at OSCC. Hugs Shelley xx

Val said...

This is great - really original. Thanks for joining OSCC this week. I hope you join us again soon.
Hugs
Valxx

stampdiva said...

Great art. Lynne M

Cat Spicer a.k.a. Spicey Cat Chick said...

What an amazing use of patterns! Thanks for playing at OSCC.

Faye said...

Fantastic, Jeanette. Love the skirt and your pattern effect is gorgeous.

Lynne Phelps said...

Love this card, such a clever assemblage of digital elements and 3D textural items like the beautiful stitching and buttons! Great quilt background, and I love the limited color scheme!