Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Time for a little Scrapbooking

Two weeks have flown by and it's time for another challenge at
Our challenge theme this time is
Books.
This page is also for
Landmark
Sentimental Journey

I chose the local Library in Troy, MT, as my landmark and Troy, MT,
for my sentimental journey. I'll be going to Troy to visit my
mother late September. Troy is just a small town (pop. 963) in the mountains of
Montana. This is a picture of my mom's house.

It is an original Sears Kit house. So she even lives in a landmark.
But, I chose the local Library for my landmark because it is so important
to my mom. She is an avid reader and the library keeps her supplied
in books and magazines. She also finds all of
the newspapers there.
I took this picture of her house on my first visit.
I just happened to be there for this big annual event.

Lighting the World's Largest Living Christmas Tree (1st Saturday in December)

There are lots of interesting things in Troy considering it is such
a small town.


8 comments:

susan said...

I love your layout. It is so pretty. I love your mother;s house, too, with all the snow around it and those trees. Hmmm. Maybe Montana is for me!

Karen Wilson said...

What a pretty layout and a gorgeous home too! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Teresa / Trees aWard in Crafts said...

Oh my word, what a lovely image of that house. Your mother must have been very happy in it. It is beautiful.

RobynAnn said...

I love this LO.. Great Work. Your Moms house looks wonderful and I especially like the snow.. Want to go make snow angels in it! LOL

Hugs
Robyn

Kelli said...

The storey behind your layout is lovely, it truely is a sentamental journey, and your layout is lovely also. Thanks for playing at LMLC.

Melly said...

Aww this is just fab!
Great layout with a fantstic sentimental journey!
Hugs melly xxx

Pris said...

I love what you did with the background...! Thanks for playing at LMLC

Priscilla Benterud said...

Hope you'll join us again this week at Lasting Memories Layout Challenge! This week the challenge is to do something "Out of the Box"... something NEW to you! Check it out...
kcclayoutchallenges.blogspot.com