Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cabin in the Woods


I love this digital stamp by

I certainly don't miss snowy winters. I am now
a very happy Southern Belle.

My base card is textured Copper metallic and I layered
with a beautiful green print paper.
The blue circle has been dry embossed with my Cuttlebug.
The dots make it hard to see the white speckles in the paper.
Could that be snow? I think so.
I colored with my Copics, cut the image out and pop dotted
it in place. The snow on the trees is white dimensional paint sprinkled
with glitter. I used cotton for the smoke and snow on the ground.
The light is on in the window....come cozy up to the fire
with me and have a nice glass of wine.

Tomorrow is a big day for me and the I Did It Creations Challenge Blog.
Wednesday is the first day of our expanded blog. We will have
DT cards for our current challenge, showcases, interesting places
to visit, tutorials, reviews, and anything else that might
be interesting to you. So come check it out tomorrow,
right here.

I made this card for the following challenges:

Cowgirl Sunday - It's Hip not to be Square
The Crafty Pad - Embossing
Fairy Fun Friday - Embossing
Crafty Catz - Chocolate and Green
Glitterbabe - Anything Goes (w/glitter)
Christmas Inspirations - Stamps (rubber or digital)



20 comments:

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Gorgeous card, Jeanette.
Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Inspirations blog.

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful card Jeanette! I love this image as well, it's so cozy.

Jennifer

Adriana Melges Q. Weingart said...

Amazing card! Thanks for playing our challenge @ xMas Inspirations blog.
Rgds

Suzi said...

Hi Jeanette, What an adorable card, great image, and I love that embossing. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad Challenge this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

Helen Dooley said...

How cozy! I love how you added the "snow" on the bottom. too cute! Thanks for sharing with us this week.

Kym Weber said...

Beautiful card! Awesome scene! Love how you used the cotton as snow and smoke! Fabulous job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at For Fun Challenges! Hope you’ll be joining us for the next challenge!

~Hugs~Kym

Gina said...

Wow!!! That full moon behind the cabin looks awesome ! Thank you for joining in at Cowgirls Sunday XXX

carol said...

lovely card, super image, thanks for joining us at craftycatz this week, x carol

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh wow jeanette! this is soooooooo warm & inviting! i love it! thank you sooooooooooo much for joining us at glitterbabe's challenge!

hugs :)

Lindsey said...

Oh I love this, its gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

TinaB said...

I love it! Thanks for playing at Cowgirl Up xx Hugs Tina (DT) xx

Pat said...

Super Christmas card lovely image.

Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad.

Pat xx

Marcia Kamano said...

Beautiful card!
Hugs

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Fabulous card...love the image and your design! Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays!

Janet said...

What a nice card. I love the rocks on the fireplace. Thanks for joining us over at Cowgirl Sunday Stampen Challenge.

Claire said...

Beautiful card, love the image!! Thanks for joining us at CSSC and good luck
Claire xx

Poppet said...

Great card Jeanette, the big circle looks like a large moon with snow falling softly in front of it. The textures look fab with the cottonwool and the dimensional paint.

Thank you for sharing your card with us at CSSC. :-) xx

Teresa / Trees aWard in Crafts said...

Absolutely adore this card, and I hope that you have a wonderful visit with your Mum. Enjoy the break and see you when you get back.

Sandra said...

Your card is so beautiful and cozy!! Congratulations!!

Dezinaworld said...

This is so dreamy and pretty. Love the stamp too. I hope you are well my friend. I am just catching up with friends again. Hope that Rusty gets well soon
hugs June xxxxxxxx