Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, September 17, 2010

The Falling Leaves Drift By My Window

The leaves are sure pretty but we have so many. Soon it will be
hours out in the yard with the rake. I do use them for mulch so that's
a good thing.
This card is made using 'Autumn Leaves' digi stamp by Stamping Dragon
printed on vellum. For my background I used the boards from one of
the lovely 'Weathered' papers by Toucan Scraps.
I distressed the sentiment and the boards with Antique Linen Distress Ink,
Coco Brown and Pumpkin. The base card uses a paper from my stash.
The window frame is from my collection of clip art. I colored the
leaves on the back side of the vellum using my Copics.

Are your leaves falling yet?

I made this for several challenges

I hope will visit all of these fun challenges.

While you are out there on the web check out our newest scrapbook challenge
Our theme is a fun one
'It's a Guy Thing'
I'd love to have you join us.

Have fun, be creative and I'll see you soon.

18 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Love your drifting autumn leaves outside the window!!

Thank you so much, Jeanette, for sharing this beautiful card with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's fall colors challenge!!

Virgo5 said...

Great way to showcase the falling leaves, tis the season here too!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

June said...

perfect for autumn Jeanette. Love the window effect. Hope you are well hun and sending hugs
june xxxx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i love how you did this. that window is fabulous! no trees in our yard, no leaves to rake. let the wind take our neighbors leaves wherever as long as it stays out of our yard - lol.

hugs :)

mforquer said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations this week!
Melissa

Doreen said...

A great card I love the window.Thanks for sharing this with us at Incy Wincy this week.xxx

Audrey Pettit said...

What a sweet autumn scene you've created here! Love that window and the falling leaves. Thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR.

Jill said...

Really love your card that whole 'outside the window' is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in Kaboodledoodles this week and hope to see you next time. Jill

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty! Love that window with the pretty leaves. Thanks for playing along with us at Curtain Call. :o)

Lisa said...

I just love the window on your card, I wish the leaves were falling here! Autumn Leaves is one of my Mom's favorite songs to play on the piano! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room!

**Farrah** said...

Cute and clever card! It has the perfect Autumn feel!
Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
Farrah

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great window card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Cammy said...

Such beautiful colors and I love your window. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

Shirley said...

Georgeous card Jeanette. I love the Autumn colours and you have made it loook like you are looking through a real window. How clever.
Thank you for joining us this week at Kaboodledoodles and we hope to see you again soon.

Shirley

The Wired Angel said...

Your card is lovely and very creative... great Autumn colors. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew in our Fall challenge. Peggy x

Stacey Schafer said...

pretty! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Jennie said...

I love this card Jeanette!
You have done such an amazing job with it

xx

Nicole said...

Great fall card! Love the image and the color combo! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)