Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sing a Song of Christmas




This card came out just like I saw it in my head.
That always makes me happy.

The background paper is digital. The bottom layer is a soft image
of a village in the snow. Over that is a transparent image of Christmas
sheet music. The background has been distressed with red, green and brown chalks and
Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The sleigh is a new Christmas digi by
This has also been colored with with red and green chalks then
distressed with brown chalk and Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
I like the messy look when I use chalks. I don't even try to
stay within the lines. Flowers, berries and branches complete the card.

This card is for the following challenges:
I Did It Creations - Traditional Christmas Colors
2 Sisters - Christmas
Christmassy/Winder
Bee Crafty - Christmas Digi
Totally Gorjuss - Traditional Christmas colors
Crazy 4 Challenges - Christmas card/item
Stamp Something - Digi stamp
Southern Girls - Transport/Travel
Cute Card Thurs - Anything Goes
Wild Orchid - Classic Christmas
ooooh, La La - Remember Remember

Visit the I Did It Creations challenge blog and you might
win one or both of these great prizes.
One digi of your choice from Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps and More
and if this badge

Discount Shopping Club
is also in your sidebar you will also
win a $10.00 coupon for shopping
at Outlaw Women.

Be sure to check out the IDIC challenge blog there
is a fabulous picture of a pick up truck decorated for the holidays.

14 comments:

Julie said...

Isn't it great when things turn out just right! just as you'd planned it. Great vintage card. Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Southern Girls.Have a great week,Julie.x

Wendi said...

A really lovely card
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Jeanette,
Your creation is wonderful! I love the way you laid the music over the village image and your distressing is marvelous!
Hugs,
Georgia

Kat said...

This is lovely. I love how you've done the background. Great distressing too. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Lovely vintage Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with SS!

furrypig said...

I have some vintage music sheets that I am planning on using soon, your gorgeous card has reminded me!

Hazel said...

Lovely card - Hazel, OLL Guest Designer x

Cor* said...

Gotta love when a card appears just the way you envisioned! It is super. Where'd you get the digital music paper? I need me some. Thanks for sharing your Wintery/Christmassy chilly whilly creation at the Creative Inspirations challenge this fortnight!! Good luck.

karenw said...

I love the music sheet background, versatile but still very christmassy!! - A very lovely card. Thanks for playing with us at Southern Girls.

jude said...

Your creation is absolutely beautiful.Love the vintagie style about it.Thanks for taking time out to join us in this weeks challenge over at Creative Inspirations good luck!Hope to see you again next time.
hugs judex

Alicia said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your talent at Southern Girls this fortnight.
Alicia xx

Viv said...

What a great background you've created and love your "transport"! Thanks for playing at Southern Girls.
Viv

Gemma said...

oh Jeanette this is so wonderful! I love everything about it :) X

cardmaking bird said...

Great card. That music sheet background is perfect for a vintage christmas look! Thanks for playing along with us at Southern Girls. Marie x