Spray Starch Technique
I loosely followed the sketch at Scrolls Work and I used all Inka Stamps
that can be purchased there. The background is done with
spray starch and gold Pearl Ex. I followed the directions more closely
this time and I got a completely different result. To see my earlier versions, click HERE.
This was the first time I've tried the technique on mat black card stock. The stamps
that I used are stamped on black and heat embossed with gold. I outlined
the panel with gold metallic ink and wrapped with gold thread.
I had a left over panel and punched two sizes of holes and
added those here and there.
This is one of the stamps Laurel sent to me for the DT.
It is simply called 'canoe'. I stamped it using Tea Dye Distress Ink
on a small panel of tan card stock. It is colored with colored pencils. I distressed
the sentiment panel which is from the coordinated pack of papers
where I got the pine cone background paper. The flowers are from
a Christmas floral branch.
I've lots of stamping ahead of me in the next few days. I can't believe
that I'm doing 3 ATC swaps and making another Art Doll for a
personal exchange. Off now to choose the stamps that
I want to use.