Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Grand Opening of Robyn's Fetish & a Couple of Challenges



Grand Opening
The place to buy digital stamps and papers.
Jan 24th - Jan 31st
Receive 30% off all items in the shop
and
2 Freebies
(images below)

This is a card that I made using the freebies
Lucy Valentine's Girl and a paper from My Valentine paper pack



This digital creation is for
Pen/Pencil

The Fox Writing with Quill is displayed as part of the NYPL digital collection.
The background is a vintage postcard. The drawing is of the NYPL.
The quill and ink well are from my stash of images.

A few weeks ago I ran across the challenge blog
One Layer Cards at Styles Ink
The object of the challenge is to make a card
that is only one layer.
A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of cardstock folded in half. No other layers allowed!

This is very similar to the cards that I made when I first started stamping.
They did include stamped images but they rarely had any layers and not
many embellishments at all. Let's see.....that was over 20 years ago.
My how card making has changed. This wasn't an easy challenge for me.
The black is just a background for scanning. This card base is white
with the dark gray sentiments. Four sentiments were used.

Challenges entered with this card
One Layer Weds - Two or more sentiments
Little Red Wagon - One layer wonder
Challenge Up Your Life - Clean and Simple

Thanks for joining me again today.
I'm always so glad to have visitors.
Jeanette

8 comments:

Bahb said...

VERY clever card. And fascinating web site. I love chancing upon unique contributions to the blogosphere.

thanks for sharing your fetish.

bahb

Willy said...

You made a beautiful creation for the SPA.

Susan said...

Lovely card! I really love the enjoy stamp!

Susan said...

Lovely card! I really love the enjoy stamp!

Cheryl said...

This is so cute! I love the heart in the center of the flower.

Claire said...

Fab cards, love the way you've combined those sentiments! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
Claire xx

Jennifer Styles said...

I "enjoyed" your card, fun and elegant at the same time!

Shelly said...

Wonderful cards!!! You've been having a lot of fun creating. :)