Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Attempt at Steampunk

I think this is only my second attempt at Steampunk.

Steampunk art mixes modern ideas and technology with those from the past, namely the Victorian Age, when the Industrial Revolution was in full swing and steam was a major source of power. The genre started with literature, where science fiction and fantasy met Victorian-era scientists, but has since evolved to include all art forms, according to Web Urbanist.

Even with this description from eHow I'm not sure I'm on the right track.
I think I need to Google some more examples.
We've all got to start somewhere.

The background paper with the script is from Dezinaworld.

This qualifies for the following challenges
Creative Friday - Vintage
Sunday PC - Steampunk Inspired

Thanks for letting me practice on you.
Jeanette

10 comments:

Mayjasper said...

I like it Jeanette, a great blend
Ta ta for now

Jackie said...

I think it's a very good start, and it looks like steampunk to me, although I'm no expert! Love all the little cogs.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

well, seeing as i have no clue what steampunk is, this is absolutely stunning!!!!!

did you say balmy? it's 11F here and cold. tomorrow i have a pedicure but don't intend to be outside for any length of time - yay! i hate the cold already. i'm sooooooo ready for warmer weather so i can get back to walking.

hope all else is good. you're a busy little bee for sure.

hugs :)

cindy said...

I think it looks cool. Great job.

RobynAnn said...

I love it and it does look like Steampunk..

Hugs
Robyn

Martina2801 said...

This is awesome...gorgeous Steampunk work!

Kersten said...

This is lovely, Jeanette. I love all the gadgetry you've added to your card.

Rein said...

Wonderful steampunk creation!

Carole said...

You did a great job. :-)

Please see my entries at my blog WhatDoYouMeanByArt. :-)

Ninchen said...

wow its gorgeous...love it!

xx janina (creative friday)