Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Altered Box


This is my Altered Box for a swap at 
which is the member group for discount shopping at

I've never done an altered box before.  So this was all new to me.
At a church garage sale, I found a really nice unfinished box for
 just 25 cents.   I couldn't pass that up and it was the perfect size.
I did some sanding and painted the box white.  Around the edge of the
box lid is a gold sticker strip.
I use flowers, vintage clip art and pearls to decorate the top.
Well, now, that wasn't so hard.  

Top before distressing with sandpaper

Completed box.  I filled it with a few goodies.

This works for the following challenges

Creative Friday - Open Theme
Truly Scrumptious  Vintage
Try It on Tues  - Upcycling
Scrappekammeret - Everything Permitted
Sparkles Forum challenges  - Anything Goes
Anything Goes Challenge  - Pink and Brown

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter.

Jeanette

6 comments:

Crafty Lynz said...

This is really lovely!!

Thanks for joining us at SFC.

Hugs, Lynsey xx

jackiescrafts said...

What a fab box
Thanks for joining in at SFC this time

Jackie x

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Beautiful box, love all the details you have added. Thank you for joining us at Anything goes
Hugs
Tamara

Yvonne said...

Beatiful box! Love the flowers and the butterflies.
Thank you so much for joining us at Scrappekammeret!
Hugs, Yvonne

Gerri Herbst said...

What a special box. Your attention to detail is amazing. well done! take care gerri

Beth Norman said...

Your box is beautiful. Awesome work for being the first time. Your swap partner is going to love it.