Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Blue Bird of Happiness

This is a tag that I made for a recent swap at


Which the our fun and fabulous group site that is your door to 
discount shopping with
never pay retail again.

I really had fun making this tag.  The cage is painted with metallic copper.
I did a bit of distress sponging around the edge.
The copper circles are from an old Christmas flower spray.
I didn't have the right color of pearl for the flower center.  So
out came my trusty Copic marker and I colored on to match.
I often custom color my embellishments.   Just a little tip for you to try.

This card fits the following challenges

Papercraft Star - Recycle for Earth Day
Freshly Brewed Challenge - Sparkle and Shine
ABC Challenge - S = Sparkle
Gingersnap Color Challenge - Copper, Ginger or Rust
Top Tip Tues - Open challenge
Whoopsi Daisy - Free and Easy
Ann's Creative Nook - Anything, use a technique

Today I'm off to the Farmer's Market in downtown Myrtle Beach. 
It just reopened for the year last week. 
I am going to get my fill of turnips, rutabagas, radishes and asparagus.
I'll be a gonner for sure when the peaches arrive in May.
Nothing better than a freshly picked peach.

Thanks for joining me today
Jeanette

10 comments:

Gry said...

Great tag! Love that hint of blue and the birds!
Thanks for joining CCC this week!
Hugs, Gry!

♥♥♥Jan ♥♥♥ said...

The blue feather is just the perfect addition to your tag, plus it made me laugh!! So glad you played along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

Jackie Thomas said...

Your tag is just gorgeous. thank you for joining us in the ABC challenge. Hugs xo Jackie

Stacy said...

Wow this tag is beautiful! It has so many lovely little details to enjoy! Thank you so much for joining us at Freshly Brewed challenges this week!

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

Wow Jeanette, this tag is gorgeous! I just love every part of it. Thanks so much for playing at WHOOPSI DAISY this week:)

Tracy said...

Fantastic tag! Love all those little birdies and the fun trim. :-) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

Gingersnap Stampers said...

Beautiful tag! Love your design! Thanks for playing the 3rd Annual Gingersnap Creations Copper, Ginger or Rust Challenge!

Christel said...

What a clever way to recycle!
Thanks for joining Creative card crew this week!
Hugs Christel

Nana Connie said...

Gorgeous tag!! So glad you submitted it to FBD this week. NanaConnie - GDT

Heather said...

Oh this is stunning. I love all the beautiful embellies.

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges Sparkle and Shine challenge!

Heather Dennis
Fresh Brewed Designs
John 3:16