Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, May 13, 2011

My Oval Tag


I tried something a little different.  I saw a tag similar to this one in a Cardmaker Magazine 
and really liked it.  The parakeet stamp is from
CowTown Stamps.   I cut one oval from chipboard and then 2 from
designer papers to cover the front and back.  They were cut with a Spellbinder's Large
Oval.  The leaves are brads that I clipped the back from so they would
lay flat.  A few coordinated fibers and my tag is completed.
It really was an easy tag to make.

I made this word our Things With Wings Tag Swap at

It also fits the following challenges

Paper Minutes - Wings
Paper Take Weekly - Fancy a Punch
Whoopsie Daisy - Things with Wings

Oh Boy, it is going to be noisy here in Myrtle Beach this week.
The Harley's are here for the week.   We will probably stick\
pretty close to home because there will be motorcyles
everywhere.   They sure are pretty but wow they are noisy.

Thanks for stopping by
Jeanette

4 comments:

Faye said...

What a gorgeous idea, Jeanette! I don't have a cutting machine but I think I might try this with my Fiskar templates and cutter. It looks so fabulous. I'll use flowers, not a bird. Your ice cream cone for One Stop is so delicious looking.

Faye said...

Jeanette, I tried my hand at the oval within the oval tag. It's on my Wordpress blog with a link back to you.

http://hastingshall2.wordpress.com/2011/05/14/a-different-type-of-bookmark/

Gerri Herbst said...

This is a great tag. I have lots of letters and could use them like you did on the oval. Thanks for yr comments on my unicorn piece. I do appreciate it. gerri

rscowtown said...

oooh love love love! Thanks for using the budgie :)