Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Perky in Purple


A very Happy Mother's Day to everyone.
Enjoy your special day.

One way you can enjoy yourself today is to join us in 
the I Did It Creations challenge.  
Our theme this week is Monochromatic.
There are prizes and freebies each week.

My DT card for this challenge really gave me a hard time.
I decided to step out of box a bit and not use a bright color.
My usual monochromatic color scheme is beige or golds.
I'm fond of purple and I decided a purple monochromatic color scheme
was right for me.  Wrong!  I really struggled with all of the purples.
I ended up sponging purple on the background paper and custom 
colored the flowers.   I colored so many different colors of purple 
on the image that I ended up making a mess of her face.


I finally finished and I'm sort of pleased with it.

I'm using this card in the following challenges

Stamp Something - Digi Day
Pollycraft Monday - Anything Goes
Bows and Berries - Bold and Bright

Well, that's it from me today.  I'm off to enjoy my
Mother's Day.
Enjoy yours, too.

Jeanette

3 comments:

Padster said...

Well worth all the effort Jeanette - I love purple :c)
xx

Georgia Ehrmann said...

So pretty in all purples! Have a great Mother's Day!
{{Hugs}}

Gurkiss said...

Such a wonderful card you made Jeanette :)

Thank you Jeanette for your nice and encouraging comment on my blog

Hugs Gurkiss