Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Serene Scene


A few days ago, I had an eye exam and I'm now ready
to buy new frames.  Luckily, my vision has not changed.
I can hardly see the 'E' without my glasses as it is.
My last set of frames came from the Vision Dept in a local Walmart.
I only paid around $18.00 for my current frames and I have
been really pleased with them.  So I want to go back.  We
have a brand new Walmart nearby now.   I waltz in there
with my new Rx....What?.....this Walmart doesn't have a
Vision Dept.  Well, phooey!!!!!


I made this piece for a swap at 
Oriental 4 x 4
I really struggled getting started with this.  My collection of
Oriental style stamps is very limited.  I did find one that
was all symbols.  Perfect.   The focal image decided the
color scheme.   It is adhered using pop dots for a little
extra dimension.  I love my new Tim Holtz washers.  I
got them at a bargain price here.  The wood frame is
a couple of skewers cut to size and stained using Tea Dye
Distress Inks.  I'm having a real love affair with my Distress Inks.
I love them.  Another bargain buy from here.

I think this piece also fits the following challenges.

Rainbow Lady's Challenge - Take a Town, City or Country Break
Allsorts  Oriental

Thanks for stopping by.  
Jeanette





6 comments:

Claire said...

Wow gorgeous oriental project! Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's challenge this week and good luck
Claire xx

Rainbow Lady said...

What a beautiful serene scene this is... I would love to go there. Loving the colours and the writing too. Thanks so much and good luck Love Cynthia x

starcyl said...

Wow this is stunning, love the scene and the writing. Thanks for sharing it with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Jenny x

brenda said...

Just beautiful Jeanette, the image has a real feeling of peace and serenity.

Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week, good luck and look forward to seeing you again.

B x

Jen said...

Beautiful 4 by 4 page. Love the colours and the stamps are perfect. Thank you for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Jen x

scotspanda said...

oh this is just lovely, so peaceful looking

thanks for joining in with my Oriental theme this week at Allsorts :o)

hugs

Amanda x