Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Time

Time Flies
Good Times
I wish I had More Time
Time Waits for No One
but my favorite is 
 Time to Smell the Roses


This tag is for another swap at
Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium 
We have lots on ongoing swaps and challenges at OWSE.
Everyone is welcome to join in all of the fun.
And, we also have discount shopping in our Shop.

The watch face that I used on this piece has been in my stash
for the longest time.  It was a tad heavy but the sturdy kraft tag
supported it just fine.  A little distressing with my Distress Inks,
a cluster of roses tied with shear gold ribbon, a stamped border and tada....
my Time to Smell the Roses tag is complete.

This tag is also for the following challenges

Stamp with Fun - Lace or ribbon
Clear It Out Today - Ribbon or trim
Craft You Passion - Anything goes
Dream Valley challenges  - Flowers
CR84FN - Kraft, Gold, Pale Yellow

I have a lovely old Hickory tree in the yard.  It really is a beautiful
tree but it has got to be one of the messiest trees known to man.
Right now it is dropping catkins


They are really pretty but every breeze brings them floating down.
See the little nut?  Those will be coming down next.  The mature ones
are loved by our squirrels.  They dig these perfectly round little
holes and bury the nuts all over our yard.  We are going to have
a Hickory tree forest from all of the sprouts from uneaten nuts.

But, look what I found in Google images using these catkins


Beautiful isn't it.

Thanks for dropping by again today.
Jeanette

7 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just gorgeous!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck!
hugs shell xx

kuya said...

This is so lovely. It looks so elegant and sophisticated, I absolutely love it! :o)

Thanks for joining us at Stamp with fun this week.

~ Heike

Rachel B said...

What a fun tag. Love the clock image. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out.

Jen said...

What a darling tag. I also love the wonderful post copy. Lovely. The flowers were a lovely little extra bonus treat too. Thanks so much!

Sue Lelli said...

Those roses are so Wonderful on this PRETTY tag! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Stephanie Kraft said...

Lovely tag, Jeanette! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh what a fab tag! I LOVE how you used your little clock face! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley.