Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Art Doll

I made this paper art doll for the 
Art Doll Swap.

When I was a young girl playing paper dolls was one of
my favorite pastimes.  Well, I'm still playing with paper dolls.
Both of us have grown up, tho.

I really had fun making this doll.  She is my 2nd one that I've made.
And, I must say, my doll making as come a very long way.


Just as I was planning for this swap, I came across some sample art dolls


I love using feathers and I had burlap and my new order of lace, 
Really Reasonable Ribbon, had just arrived.  
So I was all set to use this doll as my inspiration.
 Her body is from several paper art doll patterns that I found
on Google.    After I adjusted for size, I printed my patterns in a very light
color so they could be colored.     I mostly highlighted what was already there
with my Prisma pencils.    This was so much fun to make that I'm sure I'll be 
doing more.  In fact, my inspiration for the next doll is


On my last trip to the craft store I got a face mold and some clay.  Both are
from Sculpey.   This will be my first time molding with clay.   I think I have
everything to begin now.  Oh darn, everything but the time.  
I'll get it made one of these days.

It was hard to find any challenges for my doll but I did
find these:

Off the Wall Craftiness - Inspiration as shown



Moving Along With the Times:  Anything But a Card
Guylou's Inimitality - Monochromatic

Thanks for visiting my blog.  Leave me a comment and
I'll come visit you.

Jeanette

11 comments:

Sara I. said...

What a beautiful project!! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Guylou's and good luck!

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a fab project i bet it was so much fun to dress the doll.. love the feathers
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

DesignerDiva said...

Wow what a super little project - it's really different and I like different!
Thank you for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie x

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my this is fantastic and a beautiful use of the OTWC challenge colors! Those feathers are divine! Thanks for joining in the fun at OTWC and Good Luck!

Lea L. said...

Wow...such a cool project!! Great job with the colors!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very cool!!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC!!!

Brenda said...

Fabulous project!! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Guylou's Inimitability!! Bren

Guylou said...

Wow! Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for participating in our challenge at Guylou's.
Cheers!
Guylou

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh what a great project. Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week Hazelxox

samaya said...

very interesting, reminds me a little of a friend that has a site called the lint museum check it out

Jaclyn Miller said...

This is the coolest thing ever - I love your unique take on this week's colors. Thank you so much for playing along at OTWC.