Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, June 24, 2011

In the Good Old Summertime

What can be more summery than Butterflies and Blooms.
 The first day of summer this year was June 21st.  
So it is officially summer now.  Although, here in Myrtle Beach,
it's felt like summer for several weeks now.

Butterflies and Blooms

I colored the background by smudging on several shades of yellow
Distress Inks.  If you don't use these wonderful inks by Tim Holtz, I highly
recommend them.  They are so easy to use and the colors are beautiful.
The Butterfly stamp is unknown because I  didn't save the packaging.
I used gaffer tape from 7 Gypsies.  Do I hear you asking "what is gaffer tape"?


This roll is 1" wide and is fabric backed with an adhesive.  It is very strong
and is good for binding hand made journals.  It is similar to duct tape.
You can buy regular gaffer tape at your local hardware store and it does
come in colors.  This is special for crafts and comes in many different patterns.
You can see that I cut around my print before I adhered it to my 
piece.  How could you miss my messy cutting.   Really, it isn't that apparent
in real life.  

The challenges that I've entered:

Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Things With Wings
Sweet Stampin' - Summer
One Stitch At A Time - Things With Wings
Anything Goes  - Here Comes Summer

I received a nice comment on my Soartful Challenge from
2 a.m. scrapper and I went to tell her thank you.  Well, am I ever glad
that I went to her blog because she made a beautiful card using a
new background technique.  I found this really interesting because
it uses plastic grocery bags.  And, like magic it can be used as
journal pages, backgrounds, etc.    You can see the video here.
I hope you will give this a try.  I am and I will be sharing my results
with you one of these days.  

I have one garden photo for you.
 
Bottle Brush
My Bottle Brush had its best bloom ever this Spring.  Well, now 
here comes another bunch of beautiful blooms.  This poor plant almost
froze to death the first winter after a fall planting.  I covered it but
it still suffered a lot of damage.  The poor thing got trimmed almost
to the ground.  Well, this the second season after that cold winter
and it is doing just wonderful.  It is now taller than I am.  I've begun
to prune it into a tree shape.  There aren't very many of them here
because we are in a border line planting zone.  
I'm so glad that it is doing so well.

Thanks for stopping by
Jeanette




8 comments:

Linda said...

A creat card with nice colours and butterflies :)

Thank you for joining us!

Linda, Scrappekammeret

Abi said...

Hi Jeanette, Well I popped over to the blog/video you linked to & definitely wow! I think i'm going to have to try that technique.

Your card is very pretty & I like that you've cut the ribbon, gives it a whole new look. Thanks so much for playing along with our Sweet Stampin challenge x

Carlie M. said...

Lovely card! Great job with the "Things With Wings" Challenge! Thanks for joining us on Sweet Stampin!

Fiona said...

this is sweet, fab layout and pretty butterflies!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

Made by Mandy said...

Hi Jeanette, love your pretty butterflies and that gaffer tape is amazing stuff.

Thanks for the link to the tutorial, looks interesting and have save it for a rainy day.

21st June in the UK was the longest day so our days get shorter and Autumn is on it's way. For the most part our weather has been awful this year and it doesn't seem like we have had a summer at all. We are supposed to be having a heatwave from tomorrow it has been raining all day today so we'll see........

Many thanks for joining in with our Things With Wings challenge over at OSAAT

Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

Debs said...

Gorgeous butterflies and super colors, thanks so much for joining out "Things with Wings" challenge at One Stitch at a Time this week
Debs
xxx

Cheryl said...

this is a beautiful card,love the image on this bless you for playing at anything goes this week hugs cherylxxxx

Ingrid said...

That is so pretty!! Love what you have done here!
Thanks for playing along at Scrappekammeret,
Ingrid