Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

It's A Guy Thing

I tried to post this yesterday and Blogger wouldn't upload my photo.
Phooey, sometimes Blogger is such a pain.  Even at that, I think
Blogger is the best place to have a blog.  

I made this for an 
recent swap 'It's A Guy Thing'.
The stamp that I used is a 'Man of Numbers Plate 2' from
The faint hand that you can hardly see is part of a Steampunk stamp set
by 7 Gypsies.


I used different brown Distress Inks for stamping and distressing.
The metal charm is a small book.  I thought that was appropriate because
the man is a poet.  

I'm also joining in the following challenges.

Catch the Bug - It's a Man's World
Little Clair's Designs - Cards for Men
Wags & Whiskers - One for the Boys
Mami Doodles - Card for a Boy or Man
Tuesday Throwdown - Masculine
If The Shoe Fits - For the Men

Before it gets hot today, I'm going out and pull some weeds.  I think I
have more weeds in my flower bed than flowers at the moment.  I sure
wish my flowers did as well as the weeds.  I have some of last year's 
Sweet Potato Vine coming back.  I'm going to take a few cuttings to root
in water and poke them around the flower bed.  Sweet Potato Vine grows
even better than my weeds.

It comes in these two colors mine is the chartreuse.

This is how pretty it looks here mixed with red peppers.


Unfortunately, this isn't my flower bed.  I got it
from Pickering Design Services web site.

Thanks for joining me today.
Jeanette

6 comments:

Mami Doodles said...

Beautiful card. I have a garden full of weeds at the moment - I need to do something about it. Many thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

Donna Mosley said...

Great card Jeanette, Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's.

Donna x

MARY B said...

Fabulous card Thanks for joining us at Little Claires. Mary x

Tammy Miller said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!! Beautiful card in great colors and lovely details! Thanks for joining us this week for our Mans World Challenge at Catch the Bug! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

Emily Keaton said...

What a fabulous masculine card! Thanks for sharing it and joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. :D
~Emily Keaton, June Guest Designer for Tuesday Throwdown

Lauren said...

This is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Lauren