Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Having Fun

This week I'm a Guest Designer on
The challenge theme is Sketch

This is the sketch that I chose to use


and this is my finished card


I used the Friends Forever digi image from
I used chalks for the backgroung and the digi image is
colored with Copics.  Punched a couple of circles for
part of the sentiment.  Uhm, it was lacking something.  I couldn't
find just the right thing but settled on the button.
Colored designer papers to match and the card is all
ready to mail to someone.

Challenges Entered
Totally Gorjuss - Summertime
2 Sisters - Summer Time fun
One Stop Craft Challenge - Summertime
Digi's with Attitude - Anything Goes
Dutch Dare - Summer Fun
Do It With Digi's  - Spots and/or Stripes
Paper Playtime - Summer
Kreative Stamp Friends - Summer
KB Cute Monday - Something Cute
One Stitch at a Time - Anything Goes
Dream Valley - Summer

I thought I was going to melt yesterday.  It has been so hot
and humid here in Coastal South Carolina.  I hate to see my
electric bill this month.  I'll probably have to take out a loan to pay it.

If you are staying in and keeping cool like I am.....
stop in at OWSE Events and have some fun with us this weekend.


We are hosting a Christmas in July party.
We will be partying beginning Friday, July 15th thru the 19th.
We will have challenges, games, a very special guest and prizes.
There are even a few surprises in store for you.
Get out that party hat, think Christmas and join us
for our Christmas in July Party.

Thanks for joining me today.
Jeanette



13 comments:

Faye said...

What a darling card, Jeanette! Whoever gets it will be thrilled. Your design is simple and beautiful. I get bogged down when I try to follow those really complicated sketches. I like this.

Susie Sugar said...

Great card Jeanette love the soft colours
Thanks for joining us Digi Divas at the "Do It With Digis challenge" this time
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

jessica said...

Congrats on your guest designer spot! This is a super cute card! I love the image and your coloring is beautiful!
TFS and for playing along with us over at Paper Playtime :)

Janis said...

Great card and love the sketch you chose. Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Lynne said...

Fab image and fab card!!
Thanks for sharing it with the Divas at Do it with Digis :)
Hugs
Lynne xx

Wendy (Woo to friends!) said...

Fab card Jeanette! Love the image and the papers thanks for playing at Do It With Digis! Woo x

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

What are they doing?! It makes me think of my kids up to no good--and it makes me smile!!
Very nice layout and warming colors.

Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime
Krista, guest designer
http://www.KristasPaperCafe.com

Nikki Byrne said...

Gorgeous image and great sketch to follow. Thank you for joinig us this week at OSAAT. Good luck. Nikki DT

Wenda said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week.

Hugs Wenda

Zulma said...

Beautiful card! nice image and colors. TFS with us at paper Playtime and 2SC this week.
Zulma DT

Shelley said...

Gorgeous summery card. Thanks for joining in this weeks One Stop Craft Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

Georgia Ehrmann said...

I love how you have added tht tree to the background. This digi is adorable! I am going to need to get it! (haha)
Hugs,
Georgia

Nina said...

A really great card with a wonderful motiv. Beautiful coloured and fab papers.

Thanks for joining us at Kreative Stempelfreunde this week :)
Hugs, Nina.