Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

I'm Going Back to Nature

with I Did It Creations challenges
The theme this week is Animals.
and this is my DT card


Oops, it's a bit tilted.  Sorry about that.

This week at IDIC challenges 
JLJ Designs is sponsoring us.  
They supplied the DT with images to use and
will be giving our prize this week.

I think we get in a rut with digi stamps by just putting them in
a panel and embellish around the panel.   I wanted to put my bear in a
scene.  What I did was put my digi image in my image program and duplicate it.
Printed and then colored one and cut the other out for to use as a mask.
I lightly added spots of Zig 2 way glue and let dry.  This creates a  
a glue that can me re-positioned.   When the glue was nice and dry
I covered my colored image with the bear mask.  First I chalked green for grass 
and blue for sky.  This looked sort of plain so I decided to scallop
the top.  I used my toothpick holder to trace around for my shape.
I stamped the tree right over everything several times using different
shades of green.  Sometimes I used the stamp twice before re-inking.
Now, I can't draw worth beans so I scribbled in a line of bushes.  They are
mostly just different shades of green dots.  My bear is taking a minute
to stop and smell the roses by going Back to Nature.
I embellished with twigs from the yard.
Masking is really easy....you should give it a try.  
See, where there is some blank area around the bear's head.  That shows
where the mask should have been trimmed just a bit smaller.  
The tree stamp that I used is by Stampin Up.  This is such an old
stamp I don't even know if they carry it anymore.

I'm entering the following challenges

Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes
Paper Pretties - Animals
Pollycraft Monday - The Great Outdoors
HLSC Challenge - Critters

That's it for today.  
It is a glorious Sunday and right after breakfast and the Sunday paper,
I'm going to go back to nature in my yard and pull some weeds.  
This part of the nature's bounty I could do without.  But, I will be outside
with the birds, butterflies and lizards.  I also have a barking frog
outside somewhere.  Maybe he will bark at me today.

Jeanette


2 comments:

JLJ Designs said...

Sweet card, Jeanette! I love the scene.

Jen

Pat (mspfd) said...

Neat card. Love the scene you created for this sweet bear.