Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Primitive Bear

I've been wanting to use this adorable Primitive Bear from
the Primitive Collection.  I just love the images in the collection.
I think I've used them all now.

I am doing a Guest Designer spot for 
Do You Stack Up Challenge this week.  I decided to finally use
the Primitive Bear.  I thought he would work good with 
the theme Sew - Faux or real.


Well, I hardly sew a stitch so I went for the Faux.  Looking through my
designer papers I found this fun paper that reminded me of a quilt.
The dp is the Mykonos variety paper pak by 7 Gypsies.
I bought this paper at 
Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium at a great discount price.
Now, I've got my primitive look started.  I gathered a up a few other supplies that
I thought would work.  I ended up with rick rack and buttons.
I colored using Copics.  The faux stitching was done with a black
Sharpie.  

Thanks for stopping by today 

Jeanette


3 comments:

kurlygirl said...

Jeanette, your card is adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with us at DYSU this week!

~Heather

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Jeanette,
Your bear is darling! Did you "pop up" his head with pop dots? He looks like he is ready to nod his head...so cute! Great card with your "crazy quilt" and stitching too!
Hugs,
Georgia

*Alison* said...

Thanks so much for joining us at DYSU.. I just love the colors of your creation.. :) that little image is so much fun.. hugs
Alison
DYSU-Owner