Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Simple Floral

our theme is Floral.
The new challenge begins at 7:00 this morning.
And, it is being sponsored by my friend Stef of 

My card


The digi stamp that I used is Silhouette #1 w/sentiment.  You can find this
digi in Glitterbabe's shop HERE.   I love this sentiment "Nature Never Goes Out Of Style"
I don't use a lot of sentiments on my cards but I do like
this lovely saying.  My inspiration for this card
is from and older magazine article that showed a similar card  using
a silhouette and a gradient background.   I added a thin black border
for just a bit more definition.

I hope you will join us for this week's challenge.  You can see
 DT samples using Glitterbabe Digis, request a 
freebie and you might even win a prize.

This is also for the following challenges

Catch the Bug - Clean and Simple
Allsorts- Free and Easy July
Joyful Stamper - Inspire Me Fridays
Aud Sentiments - At Least Two Words
Charisma Cards - Flowers
Try it on Tues - flower Power
Cupcake Crafts - Single Layer Card
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Ooh La La  - Summer Flowers
KB Cute Mondays - Anything Goes


And, please join us at OWSE EVENTS the Christmas in July Party.
There will be all kinds of fun for you.  
Put on your party hat and join us July 15 - 19.
Everyone is invited.
 OWSE Group  and OWSE Shop are proud sponsors of this event.
Join us at Outlaw Women ScrapbooK Emporium  (OWSE) Group so you 
can take advantage of our discount prices at Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium (OWSE) Shop.
If we don't have it just ask.

Thanks for joining me this week.

Jeanette




19 comments:

CTgirl said...

This is such a lovely card! I love this technique, because it is so striking!
Rene

lalkygirl said...

what a beautiful card,it is so elegant and pretty ,thanks for joining us at ooh la la and good luck
tracey x

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Beautiful card - stunning colours. Thanks so much for giving the one layer a try this week at Cupcake c

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Beautiful card, clean, simple, elegant, and speaks volumes. I must stop by your friends site and see her other pretties. Thank you for sharing this beautiful card and joining us at Catch the Bug challenge this week.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oops...ps....it's been a while since we have spoken but I remember now that you live in Murrell's Inlet. I wish I could live their full-time.Being from Greenville, and growing up on Pawley's Island makes me head there at least every 8 weeks.

Marilyn Webb said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Catch The Bug.
hugs
Marilyn

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab creation, just love the colours!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Meggymay said...

An elegant flower card. Thankyou for joining us at TioT's this week

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Jeanette, what a beautiful single layer card. I love the image and graduated background. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Dezinaworld said...

Hi jeanette, I love your simple elegant silhouette card, its gorgeous
Hope you have had a lovely weekend
Hugs June xxx

Nicola said...

Beautiful CAS card Jeanette, gorgeous colouring and silhouette effect! Thanks for entering our Free and Easy challenge this week over at Allsorts and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

Dragonlady said...

Wow this is gorgeous and so effective. Thank you for playing at Aud Sentiments.

Hugs Ali x

PS Why not check out my candy too

Wendi said...

What a beautiful card I love the colour and the silhouette
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Reflections from Granny said...

Your card is so pretty , I love the simplicity and elegance of it.

Hugs, Lori m

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i see you're in the top 3 at ooooh la la with this one and you should be! this is gorgeous!

thank you so much for choosing GLITTERBABE DIGIS (yeah, formal i know)

i'm grabbing the card too!

hugs :)

Audrey said...

What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Tammy Miller said...

Awwwww this is sooooo cute, thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our challenge! Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Tammy DT

Ruthie said...

This is great - love it!

Thanks for joining in the fun at Aud Sentiments

Rx

Ambrella (Catherine) said...

nice card.
Hugs