Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Blackbeard the Pirate

It has been such a long time since I've played around
with a digital creation.   I was in the mood this morning and this
is what I came up with.  


Edward Teach better known as Blackbeard spent a lot of time
sailing and plundering all along the coast where I live in SC.
He died just north of where I live in Ocracoke NC.  

The shipwreck of  Queen's Revenge is now being recovered
in Beaufort Inlet NC.  Approximately half of the artifacts
from the ship have been recovered.  
I was lucky enough to visit that area of NC.  We stayed in our RV
in at Hatteras National Seashore on the Barrier Islands of NC.  There is lots
of history in that area.  The site of the Wright Brother's first flight is 
also in that area.

This is for the 

Three Muses - Maps

The fabulous group discount shopping site
Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium is having a 
Newsletter Special Sale 

Join our Group 
and then shop with us at
Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium
and save even more on our already low group prices.

Don't dally!!!
This sale ends Midnight, Sunday, August 14,2011

3 comments:

jules said...

wow this is just fabulous!!!

Taluula said...

Ooooh a treasure map, how exciting. Thank you for joining in at the Three Muses.

indybev said...

Wonderful pirate and treasure map. I love stories of pirates and their treasures, and I love stories about the outer banks. I didn't know about the recovery of the pirate ship. I'll have to Google that! Thanks for the info, and thanks for joining us at Three Muses this week!