Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fear of the Art Journal


Robyn has started a new Art Journal Club.  We meet in the chat room
on Mondays.  She also provides us with daily prompts and a challenge or 
two along the way.  I've never done a journal in my life.  Our first challenge was Fear. 
As you can see  I'm fearful of the blank page.   
I'm sure I will conquer this fear as I work on my pages.
To make this one I smeared on Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Spiced
Marmalade and Black Soot.  The Fear label is computer generated.  The stamp
is Lady Anne from Stampsmith.  
That at the very bottom is my scribbling.

Quite some time ago I read where Suze Weinberg was selling
some of her personal stamp collection.  
Suze is known for her Melt Art projects using her UTEE
For $50.00 I received a huge  box of assorted stamps.  
She even threw in some other fun 
things.  The Lady Anne stamp was in that box of goodies.


Oh dear, here is the second challenge

 Challenge #2 is your cover or first page or if you have done that already you make a spread using some sort of texture like Glass Bead Gel or Joint Compound or Molding Paste. Something like those. making some sort of raised image. You buy Joint Compound at your Hardware Store. Menards, Best Buy some place like that.

If your going to do your first page we discussed "Owning the Page" ... Make it yours. start out with "I am so and so" My name is so and so.. etc.. make it yours!!


Stay tuned so you can follow my progress.

Jeanette








No comments: