Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Mail Art

This is my first mail art project.  I've seen these in every issue of 
my Somerset Studio magazines and loved them.   
I had lots of fun stamping this.  I gathered some stamps that
I thought would work together and started stamping away.
Decided not to make it too complicated my first time, so I 
used a monochromatic color scheme.

The main image is from LaBlanche Stamps.  This is a new stamping company
in the US.  Here is the link to a video about these unique silicone stamps.
Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium carries the complete line at
discounted pricing.  
I have several now and love using them.
I used Tim Holtz distress inks in a soft brown and a touch of pink.
I'm sorry I don't remember the name of the colors that I used.
I must take better notes on what I use.   

Challenges entered

Mami Doodles - Flowers
My Mum's Craft Shop  - Monochromatic
Creative Stamp Friends - Monochromatic

Enjoy your day.  I'm going to go outside this morning
and do a little gardening.  I can't believe it....
my Bottle Brush is blooming again.


This plant brings me so much pleasure.

Thanks for joining me today.
Jeanette


2 comments:

Faye said...

Beautiful mail art, Jeanette. And the picture of the bottle brush plant reminds me that along with the zinnias in the flower bed in my picture, I remember a bottle brush plant, which was fascinating to see.

Trinh said...

I have never tried making mail art but you make it look lovely and intriguing! Thanks for playing in a MD challenge!