Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Steampunk

Are you just melting with the heat? That seems to be all
we talk about here in Myrtle Beach.  The thermometer just keeps
climbing a degree or two every day.  I could really use some rain.

I've been hiding out in my air conditioned craft room.
One of my finished projects is for a recent
Steampunk Swap that we had at 


When I first saw the image of the woman I could see her hat embellished
with a cog or gear.    She has been cropped and placed on a fabulous
steampunk paper by Dezinaworld.  The image is layered and placed on more
designer paper and embellished with metal cogs and gears and butterflies.  The
balloon is clip art.

This is suitable for the following challenges
Frosted Designs - Circles
Ooh La La - Circles
Come and Get Challenged - Anything Goes
Opus Gluei - No Words
Gingersnap Spicy Supply Challenge - Gears, Cogs, Watch Bits

I sure hope you are staying cool.  Me, I'm waiting patiently for Fall.

Thanks for joining me today
Jeanette


12 comments:

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Wow Jeanette! This is beautiful!

Electra said...

This card is AWESOME!! I agree, the addition of a cog finishes her hat perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Opus Gluei!

CraftyGirl said...

This is beautiful!! I love all the metal you included and the layering! Thanks for taking on our circle challenge at Frosted Designs this week!

barb :)

happyglitzygirl said...

Great card, lots of detail. I am really starting to like steampunk. thanks for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, blessings Hilde

Lori Apgar said...

Beautiful card! I love how you use the gears for embellies on a "girlie" card!! Love the butterfly too!

Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week for our circle challenge!

June Houck said...

Jeanette, this is the best steampunk card I have seen! Gorgeous work :)

Gini said...

Gorgeous layout, love those papers!
Thank you for joining us at Opus Gluei.
Gini
xx

Deb (dcorder) said...

What a beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations.

Shell~AK Stamper said...

Awesome job on your card!

Thanks for joining us this week for the challenge at Come and Get It!

Shell~Alaska♥

Rosemary said...

Totally liking the feel of this card - it has the steampunk edge but also an elegant feel to it - and that's not easy to do! Great job!

Doesn't need words either and so it fits perfectly in our Opus Gluei challenge. I'm so glad you found us, hope you return for more challenges with us!

Kristen said...

Steampunk is so cool and so is your card!
What a great idea!!!


Thank you for joining in at the Order of the Opus Gluei!
We hope to see you again!!!

Jana said...

Your transformation of this image is wonderful. Love the addition of the metal gears. Thank you so much for playing along with us at OPUS GLUEI.