Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Beginning an Art Journal

Very, very slowly I'm getting into making an Art Journal.
I've joined the Art Journal Club at 
We have weekly chats on Monday and challenges to do.   We 
also get a daily prompt to help us along.   I guess I need more
help than that because my journal is getting off to a very
slow start.  
I will share my first page with you which just about says it all.


I've yet to decorate the cover.  Our challenge for the cover is
to use depth and texture.   I have something in mind but just haven't
gotten to it yet.   I will share when I get it finished.  

I'm submitting my Journal for the following challenges
Anything Goes Challenge - Anything Goes
Crazy Amigo  - Letter R
Take a Word - Album
(I hope Journal fits this challenge) 

Quite awhile ago Suze Weinberg put out a notice that she was
cleaning out her craft room.  For $50.00 I got a huge box full of her
used art stamps and other goodies.  That price
also included shipping.    Suze was so very generous. 
The stamp that I used on my page was in that box.
It is by Stampsmith.

My friend Robyn just did a beautiful project for 


It features a fun tissue paper technique.  The piece has
tons of beautiful embellishments and makes good use of 
 Tim Holtz' products.  Oh, and where can you get the best price
on Tim Holtz products?  Let me tell you.....right here at
Discount Shopping Club.  
Free to join in our Group, here.

I'm also looking for someone to take over my 
Follow the link to see the inspiration challenge site with
complete details.    I hate to just close it down but with all of
my new personal problems and responsibilities I just can't keep it up.

Enjoy your day and thank you for stopping by.

Jeanette




3 comments:

Junibears said...

Hello dear Jeanette,
I have found your web page!
I must say how sorry I am to hear such sad news of your family, especially your dear husband.
Sending love and prayers your way.
Take care of you.
I shall miss your challenges.
Big Hugs and lots of love
June xxx

Steph said...

What a great page! I know how you feel, there's nothing worse than a blank page and being unsure how to fill it!! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon x

Gaynor said...

This is really nice, thanks so much for sharing with us at Anything goes challenge, good luck and hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)