Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Autumn = Apples and Apples = Cider and that = Yummy for the Tummy

I'm one of those people that eat an apple a day.
I don't know if it makes me any healthier but I love the 
sweet crunch or a really good apple.

Fall is the season where people are invited to apple orchards
to pick their own or buy them by the bushel.  

We don't have an orchard near us where we live in SC.
But, when I lived in Reno, NV, visiting Apple Hill was something
that we did often.  The drive would take us up and around Lake Tahoe 
and then down towards Sacramento, Ca.  It was something that
I always looked forward to doing.   All along this old hiway were
orchards with fresh apples for sale, crafts and lots of places for
fresh baked apple pie.  Yummy!!!

Right now my favorite apple is a New Zealand variety called Jazz.
I can only get these at the local Piggly Wiggly market.  They are
dense, crisp and just the right sweetness.  Love them.   

To make my card I colored with Prisma  Colored Pencils.  The white background
has been distressed with a light brown chalk and the edge distressed with
Tea Dye Distress Ink.  The black border layer is a slightly distressed
black paper and the base card is textured and bright red.
My coloring with colored pencil leaves a lot to be desired.  But, I'll 
keep practicing.  
The digital stamps that I used are from Robyn's Fetish
I used two digi stamps for this card.
Robyn is having a 
35% off sale in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

This card fits the following challenges:

I Did It Creations - Anything Goes
Stampin with the Dragon - Fall into Color
Fussy and Fancy Fridays - Fall or Halloween
Paper Play  - Autumnal Colors
Digi Doodles Distressing
Stampavie - Autumn
Crafts and Me  - Use a Digi
Truly Scrumptious - Distressing
The Pixie Cottage - Fall Fun
Scrappy Frogs - Fruity Tooty
OSAAT - Anything Goes

Well, that turned out to be quite a list of challenges for
one little card.  
Don't forget to visit 
and get 
35% off
Everything

Thanks for joining me on this rainy day
here in Coastal South Carolina.
Jeanette





13 comments:

Cinnamon Thoughts said...

Will and I went to Julian (NE of San Diego) this past weekend and picked apples from the Raven Hill Orchard. Mostly Empires. We also came home with an Apple Pie and some Apple Cinnamon Granola and other goodies. I'm going to make a Granola Apple Crisp. Photos to come.

My favorite apple is the Honey Crisp.

Stampalicious said...

Very pretty card, I like those apples with the apple cider together, very cute idea, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenges, hugs, martina

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card,love the images.Thanks for sharing this with us at Digi Doodle Shop.xxx

Liva said...

Really yummy card! Thank you for participating in Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge this week!
Liva ❤

Denise and Louise said...

Lovely card. Great combination of images.
Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges this week xx

Linda said...

Hi Jeanette. I am certainly in a mood for apples myself. This card looks really yummy.

I just noticed you are from Murrells Inlet, SC. I live in Myrtle Beach, actually Socastee. Aren't we the luckiest people in the world?

Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Best Challenges this week.

Hugs, Linda

lisbeth said...

Love your card, Thanks for joining us at Truly S this week

Fleur said...

A fab card, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Truly Scrumptious this fortnight, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Rose said...

Jeanette, your Apple Cider and Basket of Apples images look great on this fabulous card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Digi team's "Use a Digi" challenge. ~ Rose

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation thank you for sharing with us at Stampin with the Dragon
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy if you are interested :)

Gurkiss said...

Such a nice card you have made Jeanette.
I miss you very much...

I hope everything is okey with you.

Thank you for joining us at IDIC this week.

Hug Gurkiss

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really stunning! Thanks for joining our Fall Fun challenge at The Pixie Cottage! Hugs, Karen

P.S. I've Christmas Candy on my blog!

Caroline said...

fab card Jeanette I could just have a little sip of the cider lol

Thanks for joining us @ Stamping with the dragon xx