Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Halloween in 10 Minutes or less

I have a couple of simple things to make for Halloween.  
My children are grown so Halloween is not such a big deal
at my house anymore.  Children sure make a difference in how Holidays
are celebrated.   If you are like me, these easy peasy ideas may be of help you.

Here are the supplies that I used
(links to supplies listed below)



First I made a simple tag using a die cut from the paper collection
and a stamp from these fun Halloween Stamps.  Did some
direct to paper smudging with black ink tied on a ribbon and in
less that 10 minutes....done.  Quick and easy.
I love this stamp set.  



My next project is a quick and easy card.  


What I used here is a vinyl stick-on for a window.  I used a sheet of
paper from the collection.  It doesn't show that well here but
the colors are purple, beige, gray with silver metallic stripes.
The sentiment is another stamp from the collection that has
been stamped with black ink on silver metallic card stock.
I blotted it a bit to dry it quickly and make it a little more distressed
and maybe make it a bit more spooky.   
Another project completed in less than 10 minutes.

I really love the collection of papers.  They are grown up Halloween patterns
that can be used all year long.  Some even have steampunk potential.  
The name is 13th Hour, 6 1/2" paper pad by Kaisercraft.  
Here is just a sample of the great patterns.
Perfect for someone like me that prefers not to buy 
a lot of Holiday specific papers.





Die Cut selection

Now for the links to the supplies available at 

Paper Pad 6.5"X6.5" 24 Sheets-10 With Varnish, Foil Or Die-Cut

Until the next edition of Sunday Papers make every day a creative day.
To read past Sunday Papers with Jeanette visit Crafting with OWSE.
You will find 2 more contributors to the site plus Guest Designers.
Each offer tips and tutorials.  


I even found a few Halloween themed Challenges to enter


KB Cute Monday
Art Impressions
Little Darlings Challenge
Moving Along With the Times
Stampin' B Designs
Making Halloween Cards
Saturday Challenge

Thanks for joining me today.  I hope you enjoyed your stay.

Jeanette








10 comments:

Fabrizio said...

Super cute halloween cat card and those papers in your post are phenom. Thanks for participating in my Halloween Card Making Challenge. X Fab

Pami said...

Great projects Jeanette, I love the black cat!! Thanks so much for joining in with our Halloween challenge at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

fabulous. i love the papers too!

hugs :)

Myrna said...

Love clean and simple cards! Love your tag!!
Thanks for joining us for the Little Darlings Challenge.

downrightcrafty said...

wow what a great creation and perfect for our Halloween Challenge at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

*Vicki* said...

Hi there sweetie!! :) Thanks so much for popping in to say hello!! I haven't seen you for so long!! It's good to stop by your blog for a visit! I adore Halloween, but you're right about the kids making the whole event better...mine are older too.

I do love your creations with the tag, the images and fabulous papers!! Thanks for sharing and I hope to be around to visit you some more!! HUGS

sara said...

great card love that cat thanks so much for joining us at little darlings this week
hugs sara x

DesignerDiva said...

Great tag and card, wow your quick - it takes me ages to make anything !!
Thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week for our Spooky challenge and good luck
Hugs Laurie x

Emily Keaton said...

Thanks for playing along with the Stampin' B's DT Halloween card challenge! These Halloween creations are just terrific!

Andie's Space said...

Hi Jeanette,
These look fab. Like you said, 'Grown up Halloween'. Love the cat card, simple, but it looks great. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx