Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Steampunk Roundup

I have a lot of fun creating in the Steampunk style.
This is my latest effort and it is for 
the Steampunk challenge at Three Muses.
They have a gorgeous sample up.  Be sure to stop
in and take a look.  Better yet, join in this fun challenge.


I haven't done many using a masculine theme.   The image of the car
is an actual steam powered race car. 

The 1906 Stanley Steam Car - The Fastest Car In The World

Louis S. Ross, with the Stanley Brothers assistance, built a Stanley steam engine equipped steam racer in 1905. The automobile was nicknamed the "Wogglebug" and was entered in the January 1905 Ormond Beach tournament. Louis S. Ross won the Dewar Trophy and nearly every other race on the Beach. 

This is my normal style of Steampunk




Over the weekend I did some cyber shopping for some items to use in
assemblage, collage and altered art.   I found 2 new places to shop.
You might want to give them a try.


I can't wait for my order to arrive.    So many things of mine
come from thrift shops and garage sales but it is nice to find some
good online shopping sites.  

Nothing steampunk about my new bedspread.


This is pretty feminine for me but I really like it.

You should have seen hubby and me wrestle the top mattress to get
the bed skirt on.    Whew!!!   It was worth the struggle.  It looks pretty nice all
put together on the bed.   

Until another day.....

Jeanette

4 comments:

indybev said...

I love ALL your steampunk pieces. It has been such fun to see all the punk pieces this week. Thank you for joining with us!

Taluula said...

Each of your steampunk pieces are delicious, Jeanette. You have a real talent for the genre. Loud applause from my corner.

peggy gatto said...

Wow!!! You did some wonderful designs!

Kaylene said...

Love all the images, great job.