Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Pandas

The following is for 
Challenge Theme - Asia


I chose the Panda for my Asian tag because I remember seeing 
live Pandas when they were on loan to the Columbus Zoo in 1992

Om2098_3083882_001
Columbus Zoo Panda Booklet

Be sure when you follow the link to click on the pages in the sidebar
to see more Panda photos.

We visited the Columbus Zoo just to see the Pandas.   Our primary 
destination was a Landscape and Garden Exhibition that was being held in Columbus.
The name escapes me but I do remember that I was disappointed in
the exhibition.   The Pandas more than made up for that disappointment.

Jack Hanna has been the zoo Director since 1978.   My mom
would turn on his TV show Into the Wild  each day for her 
dog Millie to watch.   Millie loved to watch TV.
I think Millie is watching the news in this photo.

Millie and her favorite pastime


Another memorable time while touring Ohio was a horse drawn
canal boat tour of the Erie Canal.   It was so quite and beautiful.   
 All that could be heard were the tow horses clopping down the 
dirt trail.   
I think that was the beginning of my love affair with
the beauty of the lush green that humidity brings.
We were then living in the high desert of Reno, NV.
It took about 15 years but I was able to retire
to a lush green beautiful place, South Carolina. 

Thanks for stopping in today.
Jeanette









 

No comments: