Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Steampunk on the Darkside

Creating something on the dark side suited my mood perfectly yesterday.


Smudgy Antics - Steampunk on the Darkside
Not a lot of Steampunk here just sadness.

I do a lot of reading.   Right now I'm reading Beach Music by
Pat Conroy.   I can hardly get to sleep at night
without reading at least one chapter before I nod off.  
I have been noticing that novelists use several terms quite often.
It doesn't seem to make a difference as to the book genre.
One that I notice the most is

malevolent
(muh-lev-uh-luh'nt)

adjective

wishing evil or harm to another or others; showing ill will; ill-disposed; malicious: His failures made him malevolent towardthose who were successful.

evil; harmful; injurious: a malevolent inclination to destroy the happiness of others.

Astrology evil or malign in influence.


Isn't this the cutest Steampunk Ornament.  I found this
here.  Plenty more Steampunk Christmas ideas can
be found on Google Images


Oh, by the way, a brisk walk went a long way to brightening up my
dark mood yesterday.   The air out was fabulous.  The morning
was balmy and the ocean air was soft. 
Ahhhhhhh.





11 comments:

Jane said...

This is beautiful love the image and what you have done with it
Luv Jane xxx

monique said...

it's beautiful card, thanks for playing at smudgy antics, you really did a great job, hope you are feeling better now, hugz monique

blackdragon said...

Jeanette this is so hauntingly beautiful.... thank you so much for joining us at SMUDGY ANTICS i really do hope you'll join us again.
Lynx

Sugar said...

ooh that is a beautiful card. great image! thanks for playing with smudgy antics!

Kristina said...

Wow this is stunning!! I love it so beautiful! Tks for playing SA's challenge! Man I truly love this!
Peace,
KristyLee
http://kristyleesworld.wordpress.com/

Heather said...

Fantastic project, Jeanette! Dark and yet elegant.

Thanks for joining the Smudgy Antics challenge for this week.

~Lady B~ said...

BD always steals my thoughts. She is my sister by another mother. Hauntingly Beautiful is EXACTLY what came to mind. I love how deep and powerful your piece is. Thanks for playing along with smudgy antics. I hope to see more of your work soon!

ike said...

Fabulous creation - I love this. Hope you are feeling more UP today :-)
Thank you for joining us at Smudgy Antics and I hope to see more of your creations there in the future.
Hugz
Ike xxx
SA DT

KC said...

I like what the others said "hauntingly beautiful" love the roses!!! thanks for joining us this week at smudgy antics!

MaRyKaY said...

very pretty card. I too love the roses. Must be nice to smell the ocean air. I am jealous of that.

Scrap Vamp said...

What a beautiful and moving creation!