Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dancing Queen

I'd love to be able to really dance.  But I never really got the hang of it.
   In my teen years I lived for Dick Clark's American Bandstand. 
Dancing makes me happy even it is just watching someone else dance.

This piece is for
Song Lyric

I chose a song from one of my all time favorite groups ABBA.

ABBA

Dancing Queen
Now for some shameless name dropping. I recently found out
my doctor Dr. Nicol happens to be the brother of
Lesley Nicol  who had a prominent part on the London stage in
Mamma Mia as Rosie.   
I've just finished watching Season 1 of  Downton Abbey in
rerun on PBS.   Lesley Nicol appears as the cook Mrs. Patmore.

Lesley Nicol as Mrs. Patmore

Season 2 premiers on Jan 8.   I'll be there.

Jeanette





6 comments:

indybev said...

A lovely illustration of "Dancing Queen", Jeanette. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Three Muses.

Junibears said...

Love your Dancing Queen Jeanette!
I love Downton Abbey too! xx

Kaylene said...

Dancing Queen love it.

Janine said...

Young and sweet only seventeen...
Yeah that rocks

Taluula said...

Your interpretation of Dancing Queen is brilliant, Jeanette, thank you for joining in this week.

Isn't Downton Abbey an amazing series? Wait until you see series 2 and the Christmas special .... nothing to compare. I'm waiting now for series 3 which is out this Spring. :D

Elegia said...

I love this song and I love Abba's music! And I absolutely love your illustration, so sixties, very cool! :))