Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Many Faces of Women

This is for this week's challenge at
The Many Faces of Women

I had to make two creations for this challenge.
I used this image because it was love at first sight.


I didn't do a thing to it except add the beautiful poppies and
the frame.  

My second piece for this challenge is inspired by the
murals that you see on buildings these days.   Mainly,
the ones that I've seen in LA.


It was always fun to drive along the LA River and see the LA River Cats.


and

Isle of California, 1972

I was lucky enough to see the painting of this in progress because my husband 
worked in the building, Village Studio.
To see how it looks now click here.
My LA days are over now except for visiting my daughter Susan.
When my life settles down a bit, I will be visiting again.  One of
the things on our agenda is visiting Zinnia in Pasadena

Zinnia
Be sure to follow the link to see how much fun we are going to have.









4 comments:

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Brilliants cards, Jeanette.Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

Jen said...

Fabulous cards, especially love the first face. Thank you for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Jen x

Faye said...

Jeanette, such beautiful work.

Claire said...

Wow what fab projects, love them both! Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx