Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Paper Dolls

At Inspiration Avenue this week the challenge is
Paper Dolls

What little girl hasn't played with paper dolls.   Just because you have grown up
doesn't mean that you have to stop.    I've just begun to explore again the
magic of paper dolls.   These days they tend to be more artful than playful.


This was sent for an art doll swap.  My inspiration came
from older issue of Somerset Studio magazine.  


This one is digitally created.   I love the trim for her bodice.
It's trim that I cropped from a shabby chic lamp photo.  In fact,
 every thing that I used for this piece is just that.....a little piece
cropped here and there from a whole photo.    I love the soft colors.

Thanks for stopping by and playing paper dolls with me today.

Jeanette



8 comments:

Magpie said...

I love both of these ladies! The face of the second one is gorgeous. Great textures and colors!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These ladies are magical. I adore how you took bits and pieces, and turned them into this fun challenge entry. Great job!!

Angela (Toucan Scraps) said...

beautiful.

I'm getting some strange emails from you. Has your account been hacked or do you have a virus?

kirstin mcculloch said...

They are amazing - I love the feathers in the first doll and that you bits and pieces from another photo in the second one. Great dolls x

Hettienne said...

This is the first time that I see you at IA. This is a beautiful entry for this week's challenge! Hope to see more of you!

priti.lisa said...

These are just wonderful!
The use of feathers is brilliant!
♥♥♥

IM GIRL said...

I love both of your dolls but the feathers really got me!

PetraB said...

these ladies are very stylish and elegant!