Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Black and Red


Just for Fun is having a whole month of men for February.
Our first theme is Black and White.
I love using black and white, that's all and good.   But I want
to know why it is so difficult to design for a man?   Is it because we
are reluctant to use flowers or ribbons?    Well, I have a whole
month to practice.

Rainbow Lady has asked us to Wear Red for this
challenge theme.


The image of Little Red Riding Hood is from an old children's picture book.   
I really like red and beige so I used it here.   

Here it is Sunday again and my favorite day of the week.
After my breakfast over the Sunday paper I need to get
some yard waste out to the curb.   Monday is our pick up day.
I had this all ready last week and the wind blew my bag of
leaves and pile of trimmings all down the street.
What a mess to go gather it all up.  
Here's to better luck today.



9 comments:

strangelycreative said...

Oh my life I love LOVE both those cards they are brilliant. Perfect sunday morning - reading the papers over breakfast .....bliss!

Von said...

What a fab frame for you image really stricking :)
Thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun
Von x♥x

Rainbow Lady said...

Love little miss red riding hood... super card. would let the wind blow the rest away lol
Thanks for sharing
Love Cynthia x

Neet said...

Think we all think embellishments are not masucline (maybe)and that is what puts us off. Or we tend to buy more female related stamps etc.
Whatever, you have done a super job - I like this a lot.
Thanks for joining us at JFF. Hugs, Neet xx

chrissie said...

Super cards and both just right for the challenges

xxx

Janet said...

Fabulous cards Jeanette
Janet

Claire said...

hi Janette, gorgeous cards and I love the red and beige on the second one. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge
Claire xx

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

A fab card, Jeanette. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

Zoe Sanderson said...

I have been very bad this week getting round to everyone who joined us at Just for Fun. Great take on the theme I love the elegant gentleman, looks like making for a man does not present you with any problem at all! XOXO Zoe