Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Gaslight

Sunday Postcard Art gave us the theme 
Classic Movies for this week's challenge.
I chose the black and white classic Gaslight  with
Charles Boyer, Ingrid Bergman and Joseph Cotton.
Also appearing is a very young Angela Lansbury.



Since I'm always losing track of time, I totally missed the
deadline for 4 x 4 Friday.   Now, I had to look this one up....
Imbolc.  This tradition is called by many names and is celebrated
mid winter in preparation for Spring.

But all is not lost, this week Inspiration Avenue has a similar 
theme for their challenge.   


I was out in the yard yesterday and my Azaleas are starting to bloom.
Our area is so beautiful when the Azaleas and Dogwood are
both in bloom.    

Nooooooo, this isn't my yard but it is a beautiful example of
the Azaleas and Dogwood in bloom.


11 comments:

indybev said...

Love your classic movie. Too early for the dogwoods and azaleas in my world. In fact, this morning everything is frosted in a lovely white from this morning's snow!

IMGIRL said...

I love all the seasons, but there is nothing quite like Spring, watching the earth wakeup!

XO
Kim

Junibears said...

Your challenges are beautiful Jeanette. Gaslight always made my heart beat faster! xx

Anne said...

Lovely entries, I especially like the middle one! <3

gma said...

Ahhh Sunlight and spring are on their way. Thank you for this post.

Kris Dickinson said...

Lovely art!

see you there! said...

Very nice, I particularly like the complex one in the center.

Darla

abby j said...

Jeanette, I especially love your take on Imbolc...it's beautiful!!

Hugs,
Abbyj

Terrie said...

The piece with the music tucked behind is quite charming. Great work.

priti.lisa said...

Spring-time beauties...lovely artwork♥♥♥

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a gorgeous entry for IA this week. I used to live in an area where both Azaleas and Dogwoods were prevalent. So, yes, I remember scenes like you showed. Now I live too far north for the Dogwoods. Really lovely IA entry, though.