Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Going Back in Time with 4x4 Friday

The challenge at 4x4 Friday is Vintage.

I chose Mark Twain as my inspiration for this vintage challenge.


I haven't read many of his novels....just couldn't get into them.
But, I did live near Virginia City, NV, where he first worked on the 
local newspaper, Virginia City News.  Virginia City is a small colorful
old silver mining town near Reno, NV.  


 My husband and I have
visited there many many times.   A favorite leather handbag came
from one of their gift shops.   Virginia City is also home to the very 


My mom and dad visited Virginia City during the filming of the Misfits
with Clark Gable, Montgomery Clift and Marilyn Monroe.  Mom met
Clark Gable and Montgomery Clift but Marilyn wasn't filming that day.
Clark Gable died of a heart attack shortly after filming was completed.

Clark Gable
February 1, 1901 – November 16, 1960 
Montgomery Clift
October 17, 1920 – July 23, 1966

Marilyn Monroe
June 1, 1926 – August 5, 1962
 
Until next time.....
Jeanette



2 comments:

abby j said...

Fun post...enjoyed it!

Kersten said...

Outstanding! :)