Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Foliage




It is a beautiful time of the year here in Coastal SC.  We are green
throughout the year but in Spring everything is revved up a notch.
We drove to Charleston yesterday and on the way you pass
thru historic Georgetown.  There are actually real places that look
like the above.  

My favorite...the Live Oaks.  They just drip with 
Spanish Moss.

Oak Alley Brookgreen Gardens, Murrells Inlet, SC
Ahh, such a beautiful place to live.

8 comments:

WrightStuff said...

I often wondered what that mossy stuff was on trees you see in the southern states. Being from the UK we don't have it so much!!

That's a beautiful piece with the swan. Reminds me of a photo I took of some swans by the old medieval bridge in Warwick - just the struts remain and they are covered in ivy and lichen.

Jennifer McLean said...

Such a lovely piece, thanks for entering my challenge this week. I love how I wonder where that foliage covered entrance goes. Great for the imagination!
Best,
Jenn

Michelle V. Alkerton said...

What dreamy images :).
Stay inspired!

Lou Anne said...

What beautiful images! I'll have to visit the south someday.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This must be the jewel of the south. It is gorgeous, but I wonder how humid it is. I think I could put up with the humidity, though if I had a front yard that looked like that garden in the second photo.

That's a great painting, too! It looks almost ethereal.

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful work Jeannette- both pieces capture the essence and aura of the south and its foliage!

gma said...

Lovely artwork and what a beautiful setting.

IMGIRL said...

Beautiful submission. Actually on my bucket list to visit sometime soon!