Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Handmade Tag

I do seem to be concentrating more on digital work rather than
hand made.  Really, I do actually make some things by hand.
Like this tag that I'm entering in the brand new challenge blog called


First, I used a Spellbinders oval to cut the tag.  I don't know how
many colors or layers of Distress Inks in rosy colors were applied.
I just kept smearing and dabbing until I was satisfied.
I edged the oval with Liquid Pearls.  The chipboard has been
heavily glittered.  The rose is one of the beauties available from
Wild Orchid.  I don't remember where I got one of my favorite 
spools of ribbon but I do love the toile design.

Now, for a bit more digi.


This is for Digitalmania challenge in the Waterhouse style.
I found that itkullpilli has a collage page of Waterhouse Beauties.
That is where my beauty came from which I put in a new
Spring Setting.    If you would like to see something interesting....
visit Digitalmania and look at Junibears piece using the same
beauty that I did.   Just look what can be done digitally.  To make it 
easy to find we are right next to each other in the group of photos.

Thanks for stopping by.....come back again anytime.
Jeanette


  

4 comments:

baileyrosy said...

Two great projects, love the unusual shape of the tag and the great design. The second a digi has never looked so good !! Beautiful colours.

Marie

Neet said...

I agree, the tag is an unusual shape but so effective. Something I will hopefully remember for the future. Love the pink and green together.
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times
Hugs, Neet

sam21ski said...

Love your style, 'I don't know how many layers I just kept smearing and dabbing til I was satisfied', right up my street - lol

Thanks for joining us on our very first challenge over at Artful Times.

Sam xxx

Von said...

Such a super shape tag :) and love the flowers nestling, thank you for joining our first challenge at Artful Times
Von x☻x