Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Here Kitty Kitty


The kitty image reminds me so much of my sweet little Pamela.
We got her when she was just about the size of this kitty.
She lived with us for 18 years.   Pamela was very shy but oh so sweet.  
When Pamela came to live with us I bet she didn't know
she would travel the US and Canada in an RV.  She didn't really
like it when we drove but she was a real trooper and
settled right in when we stopped. 

Sunday Postcard - Blossom 
Artful Times -  Green Background

This is one of the last photos that I took of Pamela.
I was taking down a fake ficus and replacing it with a living one.
I piled the dismantled ficus in a chair and darn if Pamela 
didn't crawl in and make herself comfy.


I hung her picture in over my kitchen counter.
The old oven was a real find for 50 cents at the thrift store.
Yes, I have a red kitchen and I love it.








10 comments:

Deborah said...

An adorable postcard, Jeanette, and an adorable kitten. Love your photo of Pamela too.

sam21ski said...

Fab postcard and what a cute little kittie.

Thanks for playing along with us over at Artful Times this week.

Sam xxx

chrissie said...

A really cute post card and lovely to hear about your own cat and this kitten picture reminded you of those 18 happy years

xxx

Martina2801 said...

This is so sweet! What a lovely postcard!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

love the kitty card and absolutely LOVE the red kitchen. i'm thinking of doing my kitchen in red. only thing is... the rest of the house is all earth tones (which i hate by the way).

hope you both are well.

hugs :)

Von said...

Aww love your kitty :)
Thank you for joining us at Artful Times
Von x☺x

Neet said...

Love the kitchen and the little stove.
Lovely postcard you have done and how lovely is that picture of Pamela you have. My cat used to travel with me when I went down to my static caravan. Such happy memories.
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, neet x

Vee Cassidy said...

Your card is lovely, Jeanette and what a great photograph you have to remind you of how much fun she was.
I have two cats; one will never be much bigger than kitten sized. They were both rescued together from a bad situation by Cats Protection Glasgow Branch here in Scotland, UK
all the best, Vee xx

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card. The white kitten reminds me of our adorable Chalky, sadly not with us any more. Mistakenly thought to be a boy when a kitten,she, like many white kittens, was discovered to be deaf but that didn't stop her growing into the best hunter around, unfortunately for squeamish me :) Elizabeth x

strangelycreative said...

A lovely card, and I love the story behind it and wanted to know more about Pamela on the road trips = did she ever wander off? The oven is beautiful and your kitchen looks fab! Cxx