Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Thoughts in Pastel

I found a wonderful new to me challenge site.
Kim Klassen's Cafe has some beautiful textures to use
on her challenges.  Also, those all important tutorials.

My first challenge there happens to be Free and Easy using one of her 
free textures.  I chose Oh My.

This piece is also for 
April is National Poetry Month and in honor of that I thought it would be fitting to have our challenge revolve around poetry, but also include other forms of the written word,  a favorite quote, or novel, or perhaps merely a special word.


I used two of the Oh My textures.  One original for the background
and a lightened one as an overlay.

On of my oldie but goodie challenges is Soartful.
This time the challenge is Rainbow.  I used the rainbow
image provided by




"Life is like a rainbow. You need both the sun and the rain to make its colors appear"














8 comments:

kammkphotography said...

Lovely editing, I too did Texture Tuesday for the first time this week :-)

Diane ~ said...

Jeannette, what a beautiful entry for the IA "inspired by words" challenge! Your creation is indeed "beautiful"! It simply glows! Thanks so much for participating!! :D

Anne said...

Beautiful entries both! Great job! <3

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Super entry for the IA challenge. I love digital art, since I'm not very good at it.

IMGIRL said...

Lovely entries! I love the butterfly entry and the second quote is beautiful!

Very nice submission!

XO
Kim

Claire said...

oooh! two beauties for the price of one :) just gorgeous!!

bluegiraffe (Sherry) said...

Your card is gorgeous! The quote is wonderful too.Thanks so much for participating in Soartful!

Terrie Purkey said...

I participate in TT also but missed it over there, so I'm glad I found it here. It's so soft and ethereal - where did you find the butterfly image? It's SO pretty.