Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Blackbird

Very soon now I will begin to see one of my very favorite birds.
The Red Winged Blackbird.
They say they arrive in April but I can't remember ever seeing
them here that early.  

The beautiful male


And, the rather plain Jane female


Another event that I look forward to in May is the
Blessing of the Inlet.    I'll be attending again this year.  
The blessing is given at the Belin Methodist Church which
sits right on the inlet.  
Here is a view from the church steps from a previous blessing.


It is such a nice day....browsing craft booths,  taking in the view,
listening to beautiful music and participating in the blessing.
All in the shade of beautiful Live Oaks.
You know where I'll be this Saturday.





  

2 comments:

Hermine said...

Absolutely gorgeous

Karin said...

beautiful!