Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Ribbons and Lace

Ribbons and Lace, a girl can never have too much.
I have rolls, bits, pieces of ribbon and piles of lace.
So what did I do.....make a digital card.

For better or worse here it is....


I started with the cabinet card from Susee Que's.  The 
actual photo used is here.
Next, I went thru my image collection and selected anything that I 
thought would go.   Added, subtracted, re-sized and layered until I was pleased
with the effect.  
Thanks to
Idgie's Heartsong for fabric and lace strips
Background lace and aqua ribbon - unknown.

I did find an old made by hand creation that uses elements
recycled from a vest found at a thrift store.
This vest had gorgeous fabric, lace, pearls, buttons and other
pretty trims.


And, there is still lots left of it to use.

8 comments:

Von said...

Your digital card looks very touchy feely :) and the recycled one is gorgeous :)
Thank you for taking part in Artful Times ribbon and lace challenge
Von xx

Rita said...

What a gorgeous card. A real work of art. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

sam21ski said...

Wow this is impressive, it looks like you could just pick it up and feel all the different elements.

Sam - Artful Times xxx

strangelycreative said...

Lovely! You are so clever doing the digital as its really difficult. I love the cabinet photo you chose, both of the projects are brilliant! Cx

Amy Yingling said...

Your digital card is lovely, I've always wanted to try to make digital creations but haven't gotten there yet. Love the angels and those buttons on your handmade creation!
Amy

WendyK said...

Beautiful card, looks really textural.

Julia S-W said...

Gorgeously vintage - right up my street. Love the image you've used!
Juliaxx

Neet said...

Wow, what a fabulous vest that must have been - love what you have done with the pieces.
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx