Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Shakespeare



This challenge at 
Theme.....


Shakespeare 

Baptised 26 April 1564 (birth date unknown) 
Died 23 April 1616 (aged 52) 

Really brought back memories for me. I was introduced to 
Shakespeare at the Old Globe Theater in Balboa Park, San Diego.
The first performance that I saw was The Tempest in 1965. Ariel
was performed by a very young Jon Voight. We went to many many
wonderful performances there.
Later, after moving to Northern CA, we attended the annual
Shakespeare Festival in the beautiful town of Ashland, OR.
I saw the most riveting performance of King Henry V there.
I don't think I'll ever forget one very powerful scene when all of
the men pounded the floor with their lances...all in unison.
I was enthralled.

Oh dear, I'm just rambling on with my memories and
almost forgot to post my entry.


with a hey nonny nonny
Jeanette

No comments: